Please note: to have all Bills from Xero pulled to ApprovalMax for further management with the Airwallex Batch Payment Creation and Approval workflow, you need to activate the option Fraud detection – bypass the approval workflow in the Bill workflow. You can now add Bills to the Airwallex Batch Payment request by simply clicking on the ADD BILLS button:
Tick the checkbox next to the Bills you want to add to the Airwallex Batch Payment and click on ADD in the top right-hand corner. You can use filters to select Bills with specific criteria:
Up to 200 Bills in different currencies can be added to a Batch.
When all Bills have been added, you need to specify the following details on Line Item level:
- Payment amount (ApprovalMax supports partial payments for Xero Bills, you can specify the amount to be paid in the Payment amount field. By default, it is equal to the Amount Due*)
- Beneficiary (the recipient of the payment; a list with available values is pulled from Airwallex and the Beneficiary can be either selected from this list or newly created by the Airwallex Batch Payment Requester)
- Payment method (Local or SWIFT)
- Fee (mandatory for SWIFT payments and based on who pays the fee: Payer or Shared)
- Source currency (the currency of the Airwallex balance account the payment is going to be processed from)
- Payment reference (information for the beneficiary)
- Purpose (list of values from Airwallex)
- Xero bank account (bank account in Xero from which the payment will be processed)
*The Amount Due is calculated as the Bill's Amount Due (pulled from Xero) minus the amount of the Bill in the Processing status minus the amount of the Bill in the On Approval status minus the amount of the Bill in Awaiting Payment status.
Then you can check the Beneficiary bank details by clicking on CHECK BENEFICIARIES:
When done, click on SUBMIT FOR APPROVAL.
When you submit an Airwallex Batch Payment request for approval, it will run through the predefined workflow. Once all approvals are in place, the Batch Payment becomes available for payment with Airwallex:
Payers, as specified in the workflow, send payments with Airwallex and confirm them with 2FA. The status of the request changes to Processing:
Once Airwallex has processed the payment, the payment status of each Bill changes to Sent, Failed or Rejected. In case of the Sent status, ApprovalMax automatically creates a payment in Xero, which can be reconciled with a bank statement from Airwallex, and the status of the Airwallex Batch Payment in ApprovalMax changes to Paid.