Roles in ApprovalMax (stand-alone)
There are two types of roles in ApprovalMax: Organisation-based roles and Request-based roles.
A user in ApprovalMax can have one Organisation-based role and at the same time be assigned to several Request-based roles. In this case, the authorities of the roles will be extended.
Example, auditor who is assigned as an approver, will be able to make decision according to the rules set in the matrix. I.e. the combination of roles extends authorities.
Please see the detailed description of each role below.
The Account Owner or an Administrator directly sets organisation-based roles in the User section of ApprovalMax. A User can only have one Organisation-based role.
- Administrator: sets up workflows, assigns roles, manages connections, adds new organisations, and invites users. An Administrator can be a Requester and/or an Approver. Administrators can see all requests within their organisation and can override decisions by forcing a rejection or forcing a final approval.
- Account Owner: has the same rights as an Administrator but can also manage the subscription and delete organisations. This role is automatically assigned to the Account Owner and cannot be changed or given to a different user.
- Auditor: a read-only role which allows to better understand the approval workflow in operation, without the risk of accidentally changing, approving, or rejecting something.
- User: the default role which is assigned to any user except Auditors and Administrators. Users can be a Requester and/or an Approver.
Request-based rolesRequest-based roles are created from the configuration of the various workflows. Users can be Requester or Approver/Reviewer, and they can have even both roles at the same time. For a user the request-based roles can even change between different workflows, depending on the setup of the various approval workflows.
- Approver: this role allows to make approval decisions (approve or reject), set up a Delegate, add other Approvers from their Organisation to the request as well as remove those that have previously been added. Approvers can only see those requests where they have to make a decision.
- Default Approver: this role has the same authorities as Approver and can be added to a step if there are no Approvers with the rule “Always approves”.
- Requester: this role allows to raise and change a request, add Approvers from their Organisation in any step of their request as well as remove those that have previously been added. Requesters can only see their own requests.
Roles in ApprovalMax
There are two types of roles in ApprovalMax: Organisation-based roles and Request-based roles. A user in ApprovalMax can have one Organisation-based role and at the same time be assigned to several Request-based roles. In this case, the authorities ...
Who has access to approval requests?
The security logics in ApprovalMax restrict the access to approval requests. Any particular request can only be seen by: The Requester (the person who created the request) The Approvers who make an approval decision for the request The Organisation's ...
Attaching files to stand-alone requests in ApprovalMax
During the creation of stand-alone requests in ApprovalMax, you can attach files. However, some technical limitations do apply: · File extensions: any - except .exe, .com, .iso, .dex, .crx, .dmg, .ps1, .msi, .cmd, .bat · Max. file ...
Stand-alone getting started guide
Read about our stand-alone solution.
How can I set up ApprovalMax as a stand-alone solution?
Apart from working seamlessly with a number of accounting platforms, ApprovalMax can also help improve other workflows within an organisation to increase transparency and control. Typical examples include contract approvals, capital expenditures ...