Roles in ApprovalMax (NetSuite)
There are two types of roles in ApprovalMax: Organisation-based roles and request-based roles.
Users in ApprovalMax can have one Organisation-based role and be assigned to several request-based roles at the same time. In this case, the respective authorities of the roles will be extended.
For example: an Auditor who is also assigned as an Approver is able to make decisions according to the rules set in the matrix, i.e. the combination of roles extends the authorities.
Please see a detailed description of each role below.
In ApprovalMax, the Account Owner or an Administrator sets Organisation-based roles directly in the User section. A user can only have one Organisation-based role:
* The change of Account owner can be done only with the ownership transfer.
- Administrator: sets up workflows, assigns roles, manages connections, and invites users. An Administrator can be an Approver or specified as a Requester. Administrators can see all requests within their Organisation and can override decisions by forcing a rejection or forcing a final approval.
- Account Owner: has the same rights as an Administrator but can also manage the subscription and add/delete Organisations. This role is automatically assigned to the Account Owner and cannot be changed or given to any other user. (*)
- Auditor: a read-only role which allows to better understand the approval workflow in operation, without the risk of accidentally changing, approving, or rejecting something.
- User: the default role which is assigned to any user except Auditors and Administrators. Users can be an Approver or specified as a Requester*.
Request-based rolesRequest-based roles are created from the configuration of the workflow. Users can be an Approver or set as a Requester*, and they can even have both roles at the same time:
- Approver: this role allows to make approval decisions (approve or reject), set up Delegates, add other Approvers from their Organisation to the request as well as remove those that have previously been added. Approvers can only see those requests where they have to make a decision.
- Default Approver: this role has the same authorities as Approvers and can be added to a step if there are no Approvers with the rule “Always approves”.
- Requester: this role is automatically assigned to an Account Owner and can be reassigned to any user in the Organisation. All Bills pulled from NetSuite will be created in the name of the user specified in the "Pull from Oracle NetSuite" step. This role allows to add Approvers from their Organisation in any step of their request as well as remove those that have previously been added.
Roles in ApprovalMax (Xero)
There are two types of roles in ApprovalMax: Organisation-based roles and Request-based roles. A user in ApprovalMax can have one Organisation-based role and at the same time be assigned to several Request-based roles. In this case, the authorities ...
Does ApprovalMax support NetSuite SSO?
Currently, NetSuite SSO is not supported. However, we do have this planned. Though, at the moment, we cannot commit to any timeframe.
How to pull Bills from NetSuite
It is possible to configure ApprovalMax in a way that it pulls all Bills in the Pending Approval status from NetSuite and starts the respective approval workflow for them. In order to do so, go to the Bill Approval workflow, click on the Add ...
How does the approval of NetSuite Bills work?
ApprovalMax enables multi-step approval workflows for NetSuite Bills. This is how it works: Bills are created in NetSuite in the Pending Approval status. ApprovalMax pulls these Bills including all relevant details and starts the multi-step approval ...
Why is the accountant not getting notified? (NetSuite)
All Bills pulled to ApprovalMax from NetSuite are created on behalf of a user called NetSuite Requester. This user is notified about all key events: approvals, rejections, comments. A common reason for the NetSuite Requester to not get any ...