We have introduced new and enhanced security measures designed to help safeguard customers’ sensitive information and fight fraudsters:
- Strong password policy: from now on, passwords must have 8 or more characters (containing lower case, upper case, numbers, and special characters/symbols). Current passwords will remain untouched.
- User Login Lockout policy: users now have a limited number of login attempts. If these have been used up, the user will be locked out for 30 minutes.
- Users will get the same error message ("Wrong password") irrespective of whether a wrong email address or wrong password has been used. This is a security measurement that prevents hackers from finding out whether a particular person has signed up with ApprovalMax.
- File Uploading Lockout policy: if a user tries to upload more than 30 files in one minute, the server will refuse any further uploads from this user for 5 minutes.
- There is now a size restriction of 3 MB max per attached file.
- There are now file type restrictions: the upload of .EXE, .MSI, .CMD, .BAT, .COM files will fail.