Advanced Matching: Migration process from Matching to Advanced Matching
If you already have matched Bills to Purchase Orders, you can migrate your data once the new matching feature has been turned on for your Organisation:
- Go to the "Organisation" page under the main menu (if you use the new menu, select your Organisation and open Workflows and settings > Organisation Settings and Connection) and click on the button “SWITCH TO THE NEW MANY-TO-MANY MATCHING” :
- In the next pop-up window, choose which type of amounts, gross or net, should be used during the matching and confirm that you agree and want to migrate your data to the new matching version:
Please note: this process cannot be revoked.
- After the migration has finished, the button will disappear from the "Organisation" page.
- Please note that you will need to re-enable the Manual Matching in the Bill workflow settings.
It is highly recommended to migrate data only at weekends in order to exclude the situation that Bill-to-PO matching actually takes place during the migration. If matching is done during a migration, it will not be reflected and you'll need to repeat that matching after the migration is finished.
Migration is only required if you have previously used Matching.
1 Bill – Many POs
- The Bill amount is over or equal to the sum of all matched Purchase Order amounts: each allocation equals the matched Purchase Order amount
- The Bill amount is less than the sum of all matched Purchase Orders: each allocation equals zero
Please note: an Organisation's Administrator has the authority to edit a matching manually/unmatch even if the matching Bill has been approved/the Purchase Order is marked as "Billed" (*).
(*) The marking as "Billed" should be revised first by the Organisation's Administrator or the Purchase Order Requester.
Many Bills – 1 PO
Each allocation equals the matched Bill amount. The Purchase Order remaining balance may be negative in this case. The Organisation's Administrator may edit a matching if needed.