Bill-to-PO Matching: How to set up Matching with gross or net amounts
- To set up Matching with gross or net amounts, go to the main menu and select your Organisation.
- Under Workflows and Settings, open Approval Workflows:
- Open the Bill Creation, Review and Approval workflow and click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner to specify whether ApprovalMax is to use gross or net amounts for Matching:
The default setting for all Organisations is GROSS.
- Finally, click on SAVE to apply your changes.
The remaining balances are calculated depending on whether the setting is currently set to gross or net:
- Net Matching: the remaining balance is the difference between the net amount and the sum of all allocations
- Gross Matching: the remaining balance is the difference between the gross amount and the sum of all allocations
Please note: switching between gross/net is limited and available only once in 24 hours.
When the setting changes, all remaining balances are recalculated from gross to net or from net to gross.
This may affect the following:
- Auto-marking Purchase Orders as Billed (it won’t be triggered because of the change in Purchase Order amounts)
- Remaining balances could become negative because of the change from gross to net amounts and, as a result, Bills won't get approved if there is a setting in the Bill Approval workflow which restricts the approval of Bills if the remaining balance of any matched Purchase Order is below zero: