How can I copy workflow settings to another Organisation? (Xero)
ApprovalMax supports a tool that allows to copy a workflow setup between different workflow types in
the same Organisation and between different Organisations under the same
account. The Copy Workflow tool helps to reduce the time needed for the workflow
setup and allows to roll out additional Organisations/workflows faster.
Which workflows can be copied?
- Different workflow types in the same
Please note: the target
Organisation should not be disconnected from the accounting system, or retired.
These Organisations will not be displayed as available options.
How to copy a workflow to multiple other workflows:
- In the main menu, select the Organisation of the workflow you want to copy and open “Approval workflows” in the “Workflows and settings” section:
- Open the original workflow:
- Click on the three-dot icon and select “Copy workflow”:
- Under the "Copy to multiple workflows" tab, select the target Organisation and the target workflow(s), and click on DONE:
It is also possible to copy the workflow’s settings by ticking the checkbox “Copy workflow settings”. However, only settings available in both workflows will be copied.
- With the copying completed, a pop-up is displayed:
Who can copy a workflow to another workflow?
Only Administrators/Account Owners can copy workflows.
If workflow values differ from one Organisation to another, they will be
ignored during the copying (i.e., if you have a tracking option in the original
Organisation but not in the target Organisation, it won’t be copied)
Please note: the
whole workflow setup gets copied from the original workflow to the target
workflow and overwrites it. These changes cannot be revoked. Please note: the Auto-approval
step does not get copied due to security reasons (because if some parameters
are omitted during the copying, it could lead to all/some requests getting