Once your invoices has been pushed from Datamolino to Xero, you can approve them in ApprovalMax. It allows you to implement multi-step approval workflows based upon specific criteria for users in your organisation, and approve invoices and purchase orders outside of Xero.
Both Datamolino and ApprovalMax are pre-integrated with Xero.
A typical flow looks like this: Datamolino > Xero > ApprovalMax > Xero.
How it works:
- Invoices are first scanned in
and then published to Xero (
It’s important that Bills are published to Xero in the "Awaiting approval" status; this way ApprovalMax will be able to pull them for approval)
- Bills with the "Awaiting approval" status are pulled to ApprovalMax. This is usually the preferred time to do Bill review and coding, as the Approvers will have the required business knowledge and authority to assign the account and tracking category parameters to the Bills
- A multi-step approval workflow is initiated by ApprovalMax, and approval requests are routed to the designated approvers. Approval routing rules are captured in the Approval Matrix by the Administrator. Approvers are notified of pending approval requests by email and push notifications via the smartphone app. Approval requests can be completed from directly within the email, the web platform, and via the mobile apps
- At every approval step, an audit report is created capturing data relating to the time and date of the approval, as well as the approver’s name and their comments, should they leave any
- Once the approval workflow is completed, the approved documents are marked as "Authorised" in Xero, it's status is changed from "Awaiting approval" to "Awaiting payment"
- Connect Datamolino to Xero.
- Set up Datamolino to publish Bills to Xero in status "Awaiting approval".
- Connect ApprovalMax to Xero. Bills will be pulled from Xero to ApprovalMax every 30 minutes.
- As soon as the Bill is approved in ApprovalMax, it will be marked as "Authorised" in Xero. An approval log will be created for audit purposes.