I suggest ...

Approval Max should pull actual spend in Xero for budget comparrison

My current problem with the budget function is that it does not recognise all spend that is booked to an account but only that which went through Approval Max.

I know there is a fraud report function that will identify bills approved directly in Xero and allow you to pull that into Approval Max, but the problem comes in with amounts that come off my bank account on a regular basis for web services that I use on a daily basis. This money has already been spent and therefore there is little need for someone to approve it but it still depletes the budget. As a result when a cost centre owner now has a budget indicator in Approval Max, that information becomes outdated/irrelevant when making a decision because he does not have sight of the total money actually spent.

My suggestion or request is that, given that Approval Max is already in sync with Xero, is there anyway that the budget feature can somehow identify how much spend has been booked to date (regardless of whether the document type was a bill/purchase/pay/credit note etc.) and pull that updated live information into the workflow process and then compare to budget so that the approver has a more realistic view of how much budget he has left and can therefore make a more informed decision when approving expenses.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sonam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Damian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a make or break for our decision on if we proceed with your product. Let me know when you have released it.

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, we are using the Beta version of the Budget management system. For the most part it is great, however, pulling the live spend data from Xero, as suggested here, would be great.

Along with that, pulling the Budget data from Xero would be even better. That would reduce the number of systems we have to upload Budgets into, and reduce the possibility of errors.

The big point that I have noticed is that currently the beta Budget Management System is verifying against the Gross amount (GST inclusive) rather than the Net (GST exclusive) amount. All of the reports from Xero, and therefore all of our Budgets, are Net of GST. To get a accurate figure on the PO we would need to recalculate all of our Budgets to GST inclusive. It would be great if the calculation could be based on the Net amount rather than the Gross amount.

Thanking you in advance,
        Jennifer

• Ashley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a make or break for our decision on if we proceed with your product. Let me know when you have released it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base